We know stepping foot into a new church can be a little intimidating, weird, or scary. Rest assured, YOU are welcome here.
Who We Are… A Progressive Protestant Church
University Congregational, United Church of Christ is a progressive, Protestant church. We see ourselves as an inclusive church, open to diverse people and beliefs, and rooted in God’s extravagant love, mercy and justice. To all of us we say: “You are welcome here, whether you are a believer, a seeker, or a doubter. We pray that you will be met here by the living Christ.”
We are a covenantal church, not a doctrinal church. This means that members of our church agree to work together toward certain shared principles. Our members are not required to swear allegiance to a defined set of beliefs.
We are an open and affirming church. This means that we celebrate our diversity in religious background, sexual orientation, race and abilities.
How You Can Get Involved
You do not need to be a member, nor do you need to attend church every Sunday morning to be involved in the life of this community. Come as you are, and participate in the areas that are life giving for you!
- Attend Worship or a Contemplative Prayer Session
- Get Involved in a Small Group
- Volunteer along with other’s for a Mission or Service Project
- Watch the Event page for something of interest to you. We offer community events, workshops, journaling groups, outdoor activities, and more!
- Get Involved in a UCC Team or Volunteer for the Community
If you are interested in learning more about our denomination, or joining our faith community, click here for more information.