Janice Springer will lead a small group considering counter-cultural concepts of illness and wellness, through a lens of faith. We’ll explore issues like these:
- What are some of the world’s different medical models, and the perspective of health and healing that forms the basis of each?
- How can we reframe our spiritual practices to support us in time of illness?
- Your body believes every word you say: what does that mean?
- How do we relate to our bodies in sickness and in health?
- How can we pray when we struggle with illness?
We will try to model some of the ideas we discuss, so we will not share the gory details of our last operation or our nasty illness; we will not trash the medical personnel that serve us; we will not wallow in negativity and fear!
This group will meet Tuesdays July 12th through August 9th, 6:00-7:30 p.m. at church.
Sign up here or in the church narthex.